Monday 15 August 2011

Life in a new country

Well, I have officially survived my first weekend in London.  Everything is totally different!  It is like living in a different country or something.  :)  Yesterday I got to go to downtown London for church, but I didn't get any pictures this week.  Sorry.  I saw one of the cool Telephone booths for the first time, and took my first ride on The Tube.  It was actually quite scary at first since I had NO idea what I was doing!  Public transportation is fantastic!  This morning, I got to go down to Battersea and was in a park right next to the Thames River.  And no Mother, I did not chuck my phone into the Thames.  I kind of love that phone now.  Its a piece of home.  It was pretty low when we saw it but I got some pictures.  I got one from each side and in both pictures you can see the bridge to Chelsea.  



We dropped Cameron off to do Water Sports on Wimbledon Lake and came to the park.  William wanted to go do the Paddle Boats.  It was absolutely gorgeous!  I miss my mountains a lot but I love how green and how much life there is here!  Here are a couple pictures from the boat.  


This duck kept following us!!


This picture does not do it Justice.  It was so pretty.


First time I have ever seen a Swan in real life before!


William was saying "Take one of me!"


Gorgeous sitting place.  I kept thinking it was the perfect place to take engagement pictures.


Yes, that would be a Palm Tree!!  Who knew?


After we went to the park, we had to go down to Waitrose to get some food.  I saw this and couldn't resist.  My first piece of chocolate since I have been here.  (Besides Hobnob's of course!)

Well, that is all for my first post.  I will be sure to keep everyone updated.  Mom, let Marianne know that when I am in Wimbledon Park next, I will run over to Wimbledon and take a picture in front of it for her!  Miss you all and Love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment