Wednesday 24 August 2011

This is Why I Moved to London. :)

The past few days, not much has happened.  So I don't have a lot to report today.  Just some cool pictures to share.  :)  First of all, today I made a fantastic lunch for me and the boys and I was so proud of myself!!  We had steamed broccoli and carrot sticks (because they are healthy and I personally think they are delicious!), the best mashed potatoes I have probably ever made, and fall of the bone ribs.  I have never made ribs before and, not to brag, but I did an amazing job!!  Here is a picture of my lunch.  :)


Now you can't tell me that doesn't look delicious!  I love how the HP sauce is in the background.  Seriously.. Vimto, HP, Aero bubbles and Wispa's, CHEAP sparkling water, This seriously is the life!  After we ate some lunch, we took a train to Waterloo so we could take a flight on THE LONDON EYE!! It was amazing!! I recommend it to anyone and everyone that comes here.  I have heard from locals that it is the one thing you HAVE to do when you come here.  So I did it.  And it was one of the coolest things I have ever done.  Here is a picture of the entrance to the Waterloo Station.  Cameron thought it looked cool and asked if I would take a picture for him.  


After we got of the train, we realized there is so much to do around this area!  The kids and I want to go back one day next week because we had such a great time and didn't have enough time to do everything we wanted to.  First of all, we saw a group of break dancers.  The boys thought they looked cool so we stopped to watch them.  It was a lot of fun.  Here are some pictures from that.  And yes, one of those pictures, the guy is spinning on his head!



Then, we saw a lot of people dressed in costumes like you see on the strip in Vegas, only they were all in like a 50 foot radius.  William saw Jack Sparrow and really wanted a picture with him so we did that too. 


After that was London Eye time!  We went to a 4-D show of the London Eye before hand which was really cool.  The boys loved it!  Next was time to stand in the looooong line which surprisingly went quite fast.  Here are two pictures from when we were standing in line.  



Next it is time for all my pictures from out flight!  They aren't the best because people were crowding the windows and it was hard to get pictures.  And the sun was shinning really bright and making the lighting pretty bad for picture taking, I wish it was more overcast like a normal London day, but I still think they turned out okay enough to share it with my friends and family.  So here you go!  I love The London Eye.  :)













The last one is my personal favorite.  :)  Also, since some of you have been asking for some pictures with me in them, I asked Cameron to take two of me today.  So here is proof that I am really here and not just stealing these pictures from someone else.  :)  Hahah.  



I took two pictures so you could see both sides.  I love the River Thames too!  There is just something so old fashioned about it.  And everyone knows how much I love old fashioned stuff (especially the early to mid 1900's which is EXACTLY the feeling I get from it.)  Going to the docks is one of my favorite things to do around here.  But, that is all for my post today.  Can't wait for more adventures living here!  Hope you all enjoy.  I love you all and Miss you all very much and I wish you all could be here with me!  





      

3 comments:

  1. I love that you are getting out and about! Good for you! Love the pictures! I think jack sparrow is pretty cute....and you have his number....haha! Sneaky Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! It must be amazing! Stay there for another few years so I can come visit :)

    ReplyDelete